Both KORFIL and ICON Inserts are individually molded of expandable polystyrene and designed to fit standard two (2) core masonry units of 6, 8, 10, and 12-inch widths for use in both single wythe and cavity wall construction. The Hi-R Wall System is a specifically designed concrete masonry unit and individually molded EPS insulation insert. Inserts are preinstalled at the block plant prior to delivery on the job site. The assembly provides a wall system capable of achieving higher thermal R values than conventional masonry, with little effect on structural integrity.
- Eliminate the need for on-site labor to insulate masonry walls.
- Do not deteriorate in insulation R-value with moisture or aging.
- Allow space within the cores for the escape of moisture. This space also allows for easy installation of utilities within the wall.
- Can be handled by masons just as easily as uninsulated blocks.
- Are cost-competitive when compared to the various other methods used to insulate concrete blocks.
- Have no effect on the fire rating of conventional concrete block walls.
- Improve both the dewpoint and sound transmission resistance of ordinary concrete blocks.
Sold only to concrete block manufacturers, Hi-Way Concrete is a licensed distributor of CBIS block products.